Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2020 09:28:45 +0100

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 11:26:46AM -0400, Steve Izma wrote:
> I think it's an abomination that a man page extends it's line
> length to fit the width of the terminal; built into the macros
> should be a 65- or 70 character maximum width.

I'd be willing to take a bug report about the way that man-db does this
by default; it's a change I adopted from Andries Brouwer's man way back
in 2001, and I'm certainly prepared to entertain the idea that a change
I made nearly half my life ago might have been wrong.  (However, I would
like it as a bug report on e.g.
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=man-db rather than buried in a
mailing list thread, because my ability to keep track of random threads
isn't quite what it used to be.)

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@debian.org]