Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 01:05:52 -0500

On 6/16/20, B 9 <hackerb9@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> I had thought it funny that the mdoc man page was part of the kernel
> documentation! I hope groff is adding a replacment mdoc(7) page. I
> felt like those two pages were quite complementary. mdoc(7) was a well
> organized, easy to understand quick reference guide that gave the most
> important information first. For a troff-novice like me, it was a good
> way to get a handle on how to use mdoc without having to learn
> everything. I might have given up before even starting without it. On
> the other hand, groff_mdoc(7) is the "complete reference manual" which
> was helpful when I wanted to lookup something specific.

There's no page corresponding to the mdoc(7) you speak of in the
current groff repository in git
(http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/tree/man).

Any shortcomings in groff's documentation should be reported at the
groff bug tracker (http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=groff); a mere
mention on this list means it's likely to be later forgotten.  You can
create an account in this bug tracker, but opening a new bug report
doesn't require one, so there's a low barrier to entry.