Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?

From: Jan Stary
Subject: Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:53:32 +0200

On Jun 16 19:02:50, hackerb9@member.fsf.org wrote:
> Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz> wrote:
>
> > Attached please see the PDF output of groff 1.22.4 and mandoc 1.14.5;
> > neither of them adds a newline before or after the clickable link.
>
> What is the groff command line you are using? I tried groff 1.22.4 on
> a couple different machines and couldn't come up with a clickable link
> in the PDF. I tried both 'groff -Tpdf -mandoc' and 'pdfroff -mandoc'.

groff -mdoc -Tpdf

> Jan Stary <hans@stare.cz> wrote:
> > > Just nroff and PDF with very basic links. No need for HTML at the moment.
> >
> > The recent groff seems to do that.
>
> Are you sure you're not using BSD's Heirloom Troff?

I am sure I'm not using Heirloom Troff.

> Or, perhaps you're
> using the BSD version of mandoc?

Are you sure you are not confusing mdoc(7) the language
with mandoc(1) the program?

The minimalistic example I was using
is written in the mdoc(7) language;
I processed it with "groff -mdoc -Tpdf" and,
for comparison, with "mandoc -Tpdf" too.

        Jan

.Dd June 16, 2020
.Dt LINKS 1
.Os