Re: documentation of hyphenation

From: Robert Thorsby
Subject: Re: documentation of hyphenation
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 15:04:04 +1000

On 14/06/20 14:40:44, John Gardner wrote:
Why are we using Info, again? Was it because of GNU policy? Or is there a more compelling reason as to why we're maintaining two different versions of the same documentation?

There are probably two reasons why Doug has referenced info.

First, he may be a little gunshy. :-)

Secondly, and more importantly, when commenting on the (in)adequacy of documentation surely it makes sense to look at *all* documentation not just the primary source.

Of course, I agree with your implication that groff's own source of documentation should be the best there is, in every respect.

Robert
I don't know anything about Star Wars, but I know a fair bit about Vaughan Williams.
  -- ABC Classic Radio presenter Dr Martin Buzacott
     explaining he had never seen a Star Wars movie