Re: Potential enhancements to install-font.sh from https://www.schaffter

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: Potential enhancements to install-font.sh from https://www.schaffter.ca/mom/bin/install-font.sh
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 07:55:35 +1000

At 2020-04-29T17:04:31-0400, James K. Lowden wrote:
> If I were publishing it, I'd remove the VT100 escape codes, and format
> my if statements without semicolons:
>
>       if [ foo ]
>       then
>               bar
>       fi
>
> because that's what Steven Bourne intended.  ;-)

I second the Bourne "brace style"; after many years resisting it I
finally gave in.

There's nothing wrong with SGR escapes as long as uses them portably.
You don't even have to learn the details of the escape codes with their
inscrutable syntax an unmemorizable numerical codes.

You can see an example here, in lines 42-118:

https://github.com/seL4/seL4_tools/blob/master/cmake-tool/griddle

Regards,
Branden