Re: Potential enhancements to install-font.sh from https://www.schaffter

From: Morten Bo Johansen
Subject: Re: Potential enhancements to install-font.sh from https://www.schaffter.ca/mom/bin/install-font.sh
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 14:28:31 +0200

On 2020-04-28 T  Kurt Bond wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Today I finally took the time to figure out how to install groff fonts using
> the shell script https://www.schaffter.ca/mom/bin/install-font.sh .
>
> It was way easier than following the manual steps.
>
> In doing so I made some changes to script that made it easier for me to
> use.  I'm sending this e-mail so folks can look at the changes and see
> if they would be useful in general.

For my own case, I use the GROFF_FONT_PATH environment variable
and set it at a directory under my home directory and then
install my fonts there. $GROFF_FONT_PATH does not override the
hardcoded paths, it just supplements them. I think it would be
an improvement of your script if you made the installation
target default to a GROFF_FONT_PATH directory as it is an easy
way for any user to install without root privileges and maybe
one will also be more likely to have a backup of such a
directory if needed.

 Morten

--
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% mortality rate"
                                                    (Sven Delblanc)