Re: mom footnote belonging to a Heading

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: mom footnote belonging to a Heading
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 22:00:37 -0400

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020, Heinz-Jürgen Oertel wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 29. März 2020, 22:04:57 CEST schrieb Peter Schaffter:
> > On Sun, Mar 29, 2020, Heinz-Jürgen Oertel wrote:
> > > I have a need to place a foote note to a HEADING, but can not manage it.
> > > Any hint for me?
>
> > As a workaround, insert this code at the top of your file:
> >
> >   am HEADING
> >     .ev HEADING
> >     .vpt 0
> >     .sp -1
> >     .vpt
> >     .nop \v'-\\*[$HEAD_\\n[#LEVEL]_BASELINE_ADJ]'\h'\w'\\$1'u'\c
> >   ..
> >
> > This allows adding a footnote to any heading level provided that
> >
> >   - no \c is attached to the heading text
> >   - the footnote is terminated with .FOOTNOTE END BREAK
> >
> > Text after a HEADING or a HEADING+FOOTNOTE must be a PP, EPIGRAPH, QUOTE,
> > BLOCKQUOTE, CODE, or another HEADING.  If not, insert
> >
> >   .br
> >   .ev 0
> >
> > after the HEADING.
>
> works not perfect, sorry, attached the result as screen shot.
> You see the foot note number just behind the capital letter 'B'

You neglected to say you were centering your headings. :)
The following amended code should take care of the problem:

  .am HEADING
  . ev HEADING
  . shift \\n[.$]-1
  . vpt 0
  . sp -1
  . vpt
  . nr heading_w \w'\\$1'
  . nr center_i \\n[.l]+\\n[.i]-\\n[heading_w]/2
  . if \\n[.ce] .in \\n[center_i]u
  . nop \h'\w'\\$1'u'\v'-\\*[$HEAD_\\n[#LEVEL]_BASELINE_ADJ]'\c
  ..

A minor annoyance to this is that you must pop the HEADING
environment explicitly after the footnote:

  .HEADING 1 "Aus der Dobrudscha und Bessarabien"
  .FOOTNOTE
  Dieser Teil erschien im Jahrbuch 1963 ab Seite 173
  .FOOTNOTE END BREAK
  .ev
  .PP
  Begin paragraph text...

Please test.  Further tweaks may be required.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca