Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 18:55:04 +0000

Hi Deri,

> The "*" just means that the font does not need to be included in the pdf,
> unless the -e flag was given to gropdf, i.e. it is one of the base fonts.

Thanks.  That's not in the gropdf(1) I have here.  It does say `filename
is searched for using the same mechanism that is used for groff font
metric files' and so I thought it might be to do with that and went
searching `info groff | less'.

Using `*' as a prefix clashes a bit with my suggestion of allowing it to
be a glob.  Perhaps if the `download' file is having an overhaul then
its format should change to have more fields, e.g.

    foundry  font  path  flags

Where flags can contain an `e' if it's only for embedding all fonts,
and a `*' if path is to be globbed for exactly one match.

--
Cheers, Ralph.