Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 18:13:00 +0000

Hi Tadziu,

> Aren't the ghostscript fonts in /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts/ or
> /usr/share/fonts/ghostscript/ (depending on the distribution)
> independent of the ghostscript version?

Here, on Arch Linux, I have

    /usr/share/fonts/gsfonts/URWGothic-Book.otf
    /usr/share/ghostscript/9.27/Resource/Font/URWGothic-Book

devpdf's download refers to the second.  They have different content.

    URWGothic-Book.otf: OpenType font data
    URWGothic-Book: PostScript Type 1 font text (URWGothic-Book 1.00)

Why do some of the filenames in my gropdf's download file start with
‘*/usr/share’ rather than the star-less version?

--
Cheers, Ralph.