Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 17:40:59 +0000

On Sun, Mar 01, 2020 at 12:27:47PM +0000, Deri wrote:
> The download file is created by the program BuildFoundries which used to be
> left in the font/devpdf/util directory after install, no longer. Perhaps this
> ought to be installed in the bin directory during install. If the ghostscript
> version changes then you could cd into the the font/devpdf directory and run
> BuildFoundries.

Thanks, but this is unlikely to be a very helpful approach for files
built as part of distribution-managed packages, where the shipped files
are normally expected to be immutable (for example, checksumming the
installed files would fail after doing that kind of thing).

It would be preferable to make the download file independent of the
ghostscript version, if possible.  If that isn't possible, I'll need to
figure out some way to annotate the implied dependency in my packages'
metadata, in order that we can know when we need to rebuild groff.

--
Colin Watson                                       [address@hidden]