Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: eqn sqrt and pdf?
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 09:36:53 +0000

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 06:41:16PM +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Marc,
> >     locate -bei StandardSymbolsPS
> >         /usr/share/ghostscript/9.27/Resource/Font/StandardSymbolsPS
> >
> > you fixed this by seding the download file which doesn't exist in the
> > debian distro.

Not so:

  $ dpkg -L groff | grep download
  /usr/share/groff/1.22.4/font/devpdf/download

> > Now i feel this is worth filing 2 bugs on the debian tracker:
> > * troff should use the current version of ghostscript
>
> I'd guess so.
>
> Debian's groff maintainer, Colin Watson, is a subscriber here, and may
> pipe up soon.

Apparently the current ghostscript version at build time gets built into
/usr/share/groff/1.22.4/font/devpdf/download by way of groff's build
process.  I hadn't noticed that before.  Do please file a Debian bug
report.  For stable update purposes, a simple rebuild will suffice.  For
ongoing purposes, we may want to look at figuring out how to avoid
encoding the version in font/devpdf/download.

--
Colin Watson                                       [address@hidden]