Re: man Macro Package and pdfmark

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: man Macro Package and pdfmark
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 14:07:58 +1100

> The info stuff alienates anyone who is not an emacs fan

I'm an Emacs fan, and I also find the Info system abhorrent and confusing.
It's a different story if you're using Emacs, because the Info system is
well-integrated and as easy to navigate as any other buffer (and most Emacs
users will have customised keybindings at that point, so browsing help
isn't weird and confusing).

The standalone info(1) program, though? Please. I'm not going to learn a
second set of keybindings just to navigate online help.

Let's face it: the beauty of the man page format is its straightforwardness
and simplicity. Neither of which the Info system has.