Re: Thanks, Dave Kemper for helping with the archives and bug list!

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Thanks, Dave Kemper for helping with the archives and bug list!
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 17:29:23 -0600

On 1/4/20, G. Branden Robinson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'd like to take a moment to acknowledge and thank Dave Kemper (<barx>)
> for his work in scouring the archives of this list and lifting bug
> reports out of them and into the Savannah bug tracker.

Thank you for the kind words, Branden.  I bet that Japanese has a word
that means one wishes to acknowledge gratitude while simultaneously
feeling that one shouldn't be singled out for it.  My small part in
this maintenance chore is certainly no more worthy of praise than the
contributions of those, some going back decades, who maintain this
code base or stand ready to answer whatever esoteric questions come up
on this list.  Compared to Peter, who wrote a complete and
forward-looking macro package for a sometimes backward-looking piece
of software, and Bertrand, tackling the herculean task of bringing
Knuth-Plass into groff, my part in the bigger picture feels small
indeed.

So, thank you, and <insert appropriate Japanese word here>.