Re: pic anomalies

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: pic anomalies
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 22:39:14 +0000

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 06:31:34PM +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> It's idiomatic in C to write just `foo' to test it against its `zero
> value' whether it's an int, pointer, etc.

This argument holds less well in this case because do_sprintf has
several other comparisons to '\0'; so I'd be inclined to agree with Ingo
that an explicit != '\0' is better at least in this case.  I have a
patch in progress that I'll get round to sending, modulo holidays.

I confess a decreasing interest in general code style debates and an
increasing interest in maintaining local code style consistency as I get
older. :-)

--
Colin Watson                                       [address@hidden]