Re: Cannot find the module of “pfbtops"

From: Deri
Subject: Re: Cannot find the module of “pfbtops"
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 16:19:09 +0000

On Monday, 2 December 2019 03:23:05 GMT wong kevin wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I'd like to ask for your kind help with the installation of GROFF. Actually
> I'm trying to install another software (EPACTS), which requires to install
> GROFF first, but an error as follows was given:
>

> checking for groff... yes
> checking for pfbtops... no
> configure: error: Please install pfbtops from groff package at
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/groff/ before installing.
>

> The GROFF software has been successfully installed, for example, the command
> "groff --version" works well (version 1..22.2). Does it mean the module
> "pfbtops" was not installed? If that's the case, how can I install the
> specific module of "pfbtops"? I tried different methods to deal with this
> problem, such as installing different version of GROFF, but it still
> failed. The linux system is Red Hat 4.8.5-28.
>
> Many thanks and looking forward to your kind reply.
>

> Best,
> Kevin

I believe RedHat split groff across multiple rpms, please check you have them
all installed. On
my system, Mageia, which is based on RedHat, there are five rpms:-

groff
groff-doc
groff-for-man
groff-perl
groff-x11

Please check if you have them all installed. pbftops is actually in the groff
package but the groff
executable is in the groff-for-man rpm.

Cheers

Deri