Cannot find the module of “pfbtops"

From: wong kevin
Subject: Cannot find the module of “pfbtops"
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 03:23:05 +0000

Dear All

I'd like to ask for your kind help with the installation of GROFF. Actually I'm
trying to install another software (EPACTS), which requires to install GROFF
first, but an error as follows was given:

checking for groff... yes
checking for pfbtops... no
configure: error: Please install pfbtops from groff package at
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/groff/ before installing.

The GROFF software has been successfully installed, for example, the command
"groff --version" works well (version 1..22.2). Does it mean the module
"pfbtops" was not installed? If that's the case, how can I install the specific
module of "pfbtops"? I tried different methods to deal with this problem, such
as installing different version of GROFF, but it still failed. The linux system
is Red Hat 4.8.5-28.

Many thanks and looking forward to your kind reply.

Best,
Kevin