Re: weird behaviour of groff / preconv

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: weird behaviour of groff / preconv
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 02:05:39 +0100

> It seems groff expands to b\[u00F6]\fPld instead of b\[u00F6]ld\fP.

If I print out the text using .tm, I get

  \f3b\[u00f6\fPld]

so it seems that the string argument scanner stops at the first "]",
passing "b\[u00f6" to MyBLD as argument, which then results in the
"missing ']'" error.  If you quote the argument, the scanner correctly
collects all text until the ending quote, and then terminates with
the following "]", giving the correct argument "b\[u00f6]ld".