Re: Two questons: Norwgegian characters and space when switching typefac

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: Two questons: Norwgegian characters and space when switching typeface
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 01:31:06 -0800

For the Norwegian characters, you'll need to use constructions like "\[o/]"
and "\[ae]".  Forgive me, I'm away from my computer right now, and I can't
remember how to specify the "a-with-ring" character.  Read the man page for
groff_char(7); that has the whole list of special characters.  Oh, and you
may need to use the URW++ font files.  Those are the ones that start with
"U-".  Those fonts have more characters than the regular files.

As for the unwanted space character, try the following:

There should
.I not\c
be a space after not.

Hope this helps.

--
--dds

"And finally, _thinking_ is an exercise to which all too few brains are
accustomed."  --E.E. "Doc" Smith, _First Lensman_