Re: [groff] A poor mans Excel

From: Pierre-Jean Fichet
Subject: Re: [groff] A poor mans Excel
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 20:20:16 +0200

Hello Troff users,

Ralph Corderoy <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have written a small perlscript, that preprocesses tables and allows
> >
> >     - add the values in selected collums
> >     - to replace a table entry by the result of an expression
>
> Thanks for letting us know.  As Mike said, please show us the code;
> the list's archive will hopefully capture it for others that Google later..

People may be interested by a program I made for the same kind of
purpose: tsql (https://github.com/pjfichet/tsql). It's a C thing
which parses your troff document, processes sql statements on an
sqlite databases and formats the result for either tbl or
neatroff tmac.tbl.

The user interface is not fixed yet, but is currently as follow:

sqldb :memory:
TS
allbox;
c c .
sqltbl
create table T (id integer primary key, name text);
insert into T (name) values ('Pierre'), ('Paul'), ('Jacques');
select * from T;
sqlend
TE

Cheers,