Re: [groff] Small general question concerning ms macro package

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [groff] Small general question concerning ms macro package
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 20:45:55 -0400

> On Aug 21, 2019, at 8:45 AM, Mikkel Meinike Nielsen <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> No haven't done any prosper "homework" before asking. Just wanted to here
> your opinion. Actually what I won't is a text box or a very specificly
> placed column of text.

Much can be found by doing “man groff_ms” (assuming your command line is
of the Un*x family).

Anyway, if you want block-level boxed text, you can do this:

.B1
.LP
All the text from here to the
.CW \&.B2
macro is boxed.
You can use it to show off code blocks,
draw attention to important notes,
or anything else.
.B2

I’ve seen a macro for boxed inline text (like one might use for keystrokes),
but can’t remember it right now.

        Larry