Re: [groff] Support groups

From: ansgoati al
Subject: Re: [groff] Support groups
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 21:11:22 +0000

I need a table with a title in the center and then two numbered columns of
mathematical equations.
It might not be a table but I don't know how to make a list of several columns.
My questions are:
How to change row height of tables?
How to move the equation a little to the left and not exceed the margin of the
box?
Why is the square root surrounded by small boxes?

Code:

.EQ
delim $&
.EN
.EQ
define ddx "d over dx"
.EN

.TS
box expand tab (@);
c c cb s
c c c s
l0 ls r0 la.
@@Derivatives and Integrals
@@Basic Derivation Rules

$bold "15."~~ @ ddx [sec~u] =~~ (sec~u~tg~u){u prime} @ bold "16."~~ @ ddx
[cosec~u] =~~ -(cosec~u~ctg~u){u prime}&
$bold "21."~~ @ ddx [arcsec~u] =~~ {u prime} over {|u| sqrt {{u sup 2} - 1}} @
bold "22."~~ @ ddx [arccosec~u] =~~ {u prime} over {|u| sqrt {{u sup 2} - 1}}&
.TE

I compile it with some warnings that i don't konw.

groff -e -t -Tpdf tequestion.ms > eqnq.pdf
eqn:tequestion.ms:18: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:20: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:22: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:19: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:21: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:23: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:16: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:16: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:16: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:17: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:17: unquoted escape
eqn:tequestion.ms:17: unquoted escape
tequestion.ms:88: warning: can't find special character `tbl'
tequestion.ms:88: warning: can't find special character `EQ'
tequestion.ms:88: warning: can't find character with input code 2
tequestion.ms:88: warning: can't find character with input code 3

Thanks for the help.