Re: [groff] Unicode fonts output

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] Unicode fonts output
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019 14:52:07 -0400

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019, Deri wrote:
> Two problems:-
>
> One, my "solution" used underscores when it should have used
> hyphens, so the "magic" is "U-"!!

I was about to mention this when your post appeared. :)

> Two, I have found, in your example, the .FAMILY line needs to come
> after .START.

Yes, but not quite.  The correct place is after .PRINTSTYLE but
before .START.  PRINTSTYLE wipes out any family, point size,
leading, etc. directives that come before it and replaces them with
default formatting.  Therefore, global changes to a doc's type
parameters are only respected if they come after PRINTSTYLE (and
before START), as described here:

  https://www.schaffter.ca/mom/momdoc/docprocessing.html#type-before-start

--
Peter Schaffter