Re: [groff] Unicode fonts output

From: Deri
Subject: Re: [groff] Unicode fonts output
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2019 17:55:46 +0100

On Tuesday, 6 August 2019 17:00:34 BST Jean Louis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to get Unicode fonts output, for characters like š Š ć Ć
> č Č đ Đ ž Ž, but I cannot get it.
>
> pdfmom -k letter.mom > out.pdf
>
> gave me:
>
> letter.mom:17: warning: can't find special character `u0063_030C'
>
> Any clues what to do?
>
> Jean

Hi Jean,

This may work.

Anywhere you have a FAMILY command in your mom file, such as:-

.FAMILY H

Change this to:-

.FAMILY U_H

I.E. Add "U_" to the start of the family name. This is the same for all the
other uses of "FAMILY" in mom.

If you are using .FT to set the family and font together, i.e.

.FT HR

Then use:-

.FT U_HR

This will not work if the URW fonts are not found when groff was built or
packaged.

Cheers

Deri