Re: [groff] man 7 groff; was nroff.1.man Make editorial fixes.

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] man 7 groff; was nroff.1.man Make editorial fixes.
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 02:34:22 +1000

> *or some other markup language that allows text reflow*

Text reflow? What the hell is that?
<https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Alhadis/Coding-Style/master/README.md> =)

Seriously though, I advocate the "one sentence per line" rule in
reflow-friendly languages as much as possible. Aside from the obvious
benefits to diffing and version control, it facilitates code review — I
remember leaving feedback on a pull-request at GitHub that had three
*paragraphs* one one line (that's right, not sentences, *entire paragraphs*).
Since I was proof-reading, all my comments would have been easier to follow
had they been written under the relevant line-numbers... (screenshot
<https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/2346707/47905214-a0fd6d00-deda-11e8-93a4-5736274c131a.png>
if
you need help visualising).

Total pain-in-the-ass...