[groff] Modern Groff

From: 4bso
Subject: [groff] Modern Groff
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 10:20:46 -0700

Hi,

Maybe it's dumb for you, but I have suggestion to extend groff to export
ebooks. I know that you're mainly interested in typesetting that could be
printed. But this could short the way of many publishers, whose have to
publish their books in two faces today. And should make your program more
general purpouse.

For me it isn't hard to imagine. I think mom should be good for formatting
since they have document structure macros. The work is only to format
macros to xhtml request, make toc's and put it into epub container. It
could be done by grohtml with/or some other tool (grohtml have some
problems with mom.)

I know that much of this work I can make by hand. If you aren't interested
in the idea please write to me. Also you can add it to yours plan and wait
for somebody who would start it. I think that you could find many
interested programmers in Project Gutenberg or Mobile Read community.

john