Re: [groff] <DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Termux Android app and Groff

From: Bertrand Garrigues
Subject: Re: [groff] <DKIM> Re: <DKIM> Termux Android app and Groff
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 23:49:15 +0200

On Wed, May 15 2019 at 01:17:12 PM, Mikkel Meinike Nielsen <address@hidden>
wrote:
> ons. 15. maj 2019 10.53 skrev Morten Bo Johansen <address@hidden>:
>> On 2019-05-14 Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
>>
>> > Fonts are detected during the build process, so you can't just install
>> > the missing font package.
>>
>> He could use the environment variable $GROFF_FONT_PATH and set
>> it to a directory where he has write access and then toss some
>> groff fonts in there. $GROFF_FONT_PATH does not override the
>> hardcoded font paths, it just supplements them.

Yes sorry, what I meant is: as Mikkel said "I have only one basic font
family available" I think that something went wrong in the build
process, as groff comes with more than 1 set of font family.

> It makes sense.  Isn't there a simple search I can perform that will give
> me an overview of which fonts my Groff setup has and where they are placed
> in the file system ??

You can find the default font path that was set by the build system with
'man groff', in the 'INSTALLATION DIRECTORIES' section.  On my system it
is '/usr/local/share/groff/1.22.4/font/' and for example for the pdf
device I have:

  ls /usr/local/share/groff/1.22.4/font/devpdf/
  AB    BMI  DESC      HBI   HR PB   TBI    U-AR    U-CBI  U-HNB   U-NBI  U-PR
 U-ZCMI
  ABI   BMR  download  HI    map        PBI  TI     U-BMB   U-CI   U-HNBI  U-NI
  U-S    U-ZD
  AI    CB   enc             HNB   NB   PI   TR     U-BMBI  U-CR   U-HNI   U-NR
  U-TB   ZCMI
  AR    CBI  EURO      HNBI  NBI        PR   U-AB   U-BMI   U-HB   U-HNR   U-PB
  U-TBI  ZD
  BMB   CI   Foundry   HNI   NI S    U-ABI  U-BMR   U-HBI  U-HR    U-PBI  U-TI
  BMBI  CR   HB      HNR   NR   TB   U-AI   U-CB    U-HI   U-NB    U-PI   U-TR

These are the font files generated by the BuildFoundries.pl script; were
you trying to use one of these?  If you could provide the full configure
and make logs and check what is in the font directory it would help.

Regards,

Bertrand Garrigues