[groff] Termux Android app and Groff

From: Mikkel Meinike Nielsen
Subject: [groff] Termux Android app and Groff
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 13:13:50 +0200

Dear Groff-users

I've been running Linux on my smartphone / tablet for a long time and I've
used all sorts of variants of Linux on Android.

Now I have started to use Termux which is an android app that gives the
user a virtually full Linux system from an ordinary Android terminal.
Really good app, but it doesn't have Groff among the default packages.
However, you can install Groff by adding a package archive called

its-pointless made by the user

live_the_dream

Once this repo is added one can just install groff

dpk install groff

Groff works fine, but there is a problem.  Groff does not seem to have
access to normal fonts I am used to use in Groff.

As far as I can see, I have only one basic font family available.

I do not know if there is a font-package missing that I can simply install
to get the usual groff basic fonts or how to access the solution of this
problem.

It would be obvious to write to the person who made its-pointless repo, but
I cannot find a way to contact him so now I try to write to the Groff-group
to hear if some of you can help me on the way.

 Yours sincerely
 Mikkel