Re: [groff] Heirloom: text disappearing when output line trap + interru

From: Mircea Hossu
Subject: Re: [groff] Heirloom: text disappearing when output line trap + interrupted text
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 17:52:26 -0400

Thank you, Branden and Tadziu. It would seem this particular issue
is most closely related to the investigation performed by Tadziu.

Based on this, if I understand correctly, without further knowledge
whether some arbitrary text would be passed through a diversion or not,
one must make sure he escapes (e.g using "\&") all words starting
with "."  or "'", such as below?

.di XX
AAA\c
AAA BBB BBB \&.CCC CCC
DDD DDD DDD DDD DDD
.br
.di
.XX

Tadziu, would you know of any useful examples of using this feature?
I am just curious what would be lost if the feature were to be considered
for removal; for example, to get a rough idea how often it is being used.