[groff] Problems with -Thtml

From: Blake McBride
Subject: [groff] Problems with -Thtml
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2019 14:55:52 -0500

Greetings,

I composed a user manual with MM.  Looks great.  I now need an HTML
version.  I tried:

groff -Thtml -mm build-manual.mm  >build-manual.html

The HTML file I got is unusable.  It has the following problems:

1. The escape sequence '\s0' does not work.  It seems to set the font to a
very, very small font rather than returning to the previous font.

2.  '.ce 4' should not fill the next four lines but it does

3.  '\s0' is poorly documented in the groff manual

Here is a sample that shows the problem:

.ce 4
\s(20TITLE\s0
DescriptionA Build System
Author
Date
.SP 4
Now is the time for all good men to \s(20come\s0 to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.

I am using the latest git-repo of groff and company on a current 64 bit
Linux box.

Try running this with -Tpdf and -Thtml.  The -Tpdf output is what is
expected.

Any help would sure be appreciated!

Blake McBride