Re: [groff] Wierd font troubles

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: [groff] Wierd font troubles
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 18:46:31 -0700

Thank you for the info.  The .t1 files in the URW++ base 35 package appear
to be PFB files.  I tried replacing my FontForge-generated PFB files with
symlinks to the .t1 files, plus a link from URWGothic-Book.pfb to
a010013l.pfb.  Then I re-ran configure, without using
--with-urw-fonts-dir=...  configure found everything just as it should
have.  BuildFoundries, alas, still pukes when trying to add the URW++ fonts.

Oh, and as for afmtodit, there are two versions on my system.
/usr/bin/afmtodit is v1.22.3, which is reasonable, since that's the version
of Groff included with Fedora 29.  /usr/local/bin/afmtodit is v1.22.4.
Again reasonable since it comes from the latest Groff tarball.  The local
version is the one my system uses by default.

--Dale

--
"And finally, _thinking_ is an exercise to which all too few brains are
accustomed."  --E.E. "Doc" Smith, _First Lensman_