Re: [groff] Wierd font troubles

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] Wierd font troubles
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 12:43:58 +1100

> *Is there any way to use a .t1 file in groff?*

You might find this article
<https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/fonts/type1-fonts-groff.html>
helpful. It was written a while ago, but I doubt anything's changed with
Groff's font-handling that renders the page obsolete.

*Convert it to .pfa, for instance?*

A T1 file *is* a PFA file. Or a PFB, depending on whether the currentfile
eexec block contains ASCII or binary data. As I said, there's no standard
file extension for T1 fonts, and T1 itself doesn't say anything about how
its encrypted portion (the lines after currentfile eexec…) is stored. If
you open a T1, PFA or PFB file, you'll notice their headers are all
PostScript source.