Re: [groff] Missing -mptx in 1.22.3.

From: Ingo Schwarze
Subject: Re: [groff] Missing -mptx in 1.22.3.
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 15:36:56 +0100

Hi Ralph,

Ralph Corderoy wrote on Sun, Mar 03, 2019 at 10:34:32AM +0000:

> Other macro sets in that same section of groff_tmac(5) are installed,
> and there's no indication that ptx is special and not installed.
> I see no reason for it to not be installed and think this is a bug.
> Do you agree?  If so, I'll open an issue.

Maybe it wasn't installed because the groff distribution does not
include the ptx(1) program - then again, it's in coreutils, so most
GNU/Linux systems probably already have it, and for others, it is
easy to install.

I think you are right that installing it would be an improvement.
The only downside i could think of would be namespace pollution -
but the name "ptx" feels distinctive enough to make that a very
minor issue if indeed it is any issue at all.

So your plan sounds good to me.

Yours,
  Ingo