Re: [groff] [patch] modernize -T ascii rendering of opening single quote

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] [patch] modernize -T ascii rendering of opening single quote
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 23:39:14 +1100

*> It's if they choose, or are coerced, into a LC_CTYPE=C locale causing
-Tascii that they see asymmetric `'.*

Uhm. Is this issue more of a "would like to have" instead of something
objectively problematic....?

For a start, I see ``this'' in project readmes and plain-text docs all the
time, and Emacs Lisp even uses quote-pairs in docstrings to denote symbol