Re: [groff] [patch] modernize -T ascii rendering of opening single quote

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] [patch] modernize -T ascii rendering of opening single quote
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 14:42:32 +0000

Hi,

> It might have been a Sun/SPARC terminal, which uses the nicest looking
> console font in existence:
> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Alhadis/Atom-XTermQuotes/master/figure-2.png>
> The font in question (Gallant) is still used by Solaris and was (until
> recently) used by OpenBSD before they switched it for something
> uglier.

Thanks John, very nice.  On a Linux VT, `setfont sun12x22' should load
that same font, with its symmetric `'.
https://lxr.missinglinkelectronics.com/linux/lib/fonts/font_sun12x22.c#L944
(On my ex-Chromebook with its small screen, I often stick to a Linux VT.)

It's available as an X Window System font in places.
    xlsfonts -fn '-sun-gallant-*'

--
Cheers, Ralph.