Re: [groff] Fonts, PDF images, groff vs. heirloom troff

From: Roy Fisher
Subject: Re: [groff] Fonts, PDF images, groff vs. heirloom troff
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 17:04:17 -0600

Hi Pierre-Jean,
On 1/29/19 3:38 AM, Pierre-Jean Fichet wrote:

I was not clear enough, sorry. I meant the document describes a tool
able to produce masterpieces of typographic details, not that the document
was such a masterpiece. ;)

No problem. I was pretty sure that was what you intended because it's such a lousy-looking document, but I just wanted to make sure that no one else got the wrong impression. (It looks worse than it really should, but that's a project for another day.)

It's really encouraging me to try heirloom again, and I
hope, other troff enthusiasts too.

Thanks for that. It might not be the best fit for what you are doing, but the results look better than before. Carsten has fixed a ton of old bugs, as well.

It is honestly too much based on my own needs to be useful as something
more than an inspiration.

I like to study the work of others because I almost always learn something. Thanks for taking the time to package that and make it available.

Regards,
Roy