Re: [groff] Fonts, PDF images, groff vs. heirloom troff

From: Pierre-Jean Fichet
Subject: Re: [groff] Fonts, PDF images, groff vs. heirloom troff
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 15:43:09 +0100

Hellor Roy,

Roy Fisher <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 1/24/19 12:58 AM, Pierre-Jean Fichet wrote:
> > - heirloom paragraph at once adjustment behaves sometimes oddly (and seems
> > buggy).
>
> What sort of odd/buggy issues are you seeing with paragraph adjustment?
> Which version of Heiloom?

As far as I remember, on some paragraphs, the inter-word space is not
regular, ie too high on some lines, which is not as pretty as it should
be. That was years ago, when I was still using heirloom before switching
to neatroff.

I did not investigate more myself, but some people did for n-t-roff:
https://github.com/n-t-roff/heirloom-doctools/issues/22

Hopefully, they'll come to a patch, and a better algorytm. But even though,
I'm not sure I'll come back to heirloom, feeling neatroff does the job
very well.

Kind regards,
Pierre-Jean.