Re: [groff] 03/04: doc/groff.texi: Drop most "man" documentation.

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [groff] 03/04: doc/groff.texi: Drop most "man" documentation.
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 19:16:16 -0500

At 2018-12-23T23:51:21+0100, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> Hi Branden,
>
> i don't feel very strongly about what exactly is said in the texinfo
> manual, but i thought a brief comment might make sense anyway.

I want to emphasize that the wording you're critiquing is not my own
invention.

Here's the diff in question:

-This is the most popular and probably the most important macro package
-of @code{groff}.  It is easy to use, and a vast majority of manual pages
-are based on it.
+The @code{man} macro package is the most widely-used and probably the
+most important ever developed for @code{troff}.  It is easy to use, and
+a vast majority of manual pages (``man pages'') are written in it.
+
address@hidden's implementation is documented in the @cite{groff_man(7)}
+man page.  Type @command{man groff_man} at the command line to view it.

I take it your intention was not to accuse me of puffery.  :)

As can be seen, my changes are not promotional in bent.

Regards,
Branden