Re: [groff] mom: blockquotes lose indent across page breaks

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [groff] mom: blockquotes lose indent across page breaks
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 12:54:51 -0500

Ingo Schwarze <address@hidden> wrote:

> Peter Schaffter wrote on Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 01:41:45PM -0500:

>>> Never change tarballs after they are released.
>>> That causes bad trouble to downstream packagers:
>
>> The tarballs aren't, and never have been, for packagers.
>

> Publishing a software release and then saying "it shall not be
> packaged" is akin to publishing a book and then saying "it shall
> not be sold in bookstores, you can only get it directly from me".
> Whether or not bookstores carry it is not your decision.

If you publish it through Amazon, bookstores will refuse to carry it on
principle. So you *do* have some control over that. :-)

Silliness aside, I have to agree with Ingo. If you make a minor change
to a release, bump the patch number and make it 2.4.1. It’s easier for
people downloading it from your site to know they have the latest.

        Larry