Re: [groff] mom: blockquotes lose indent across page breaks

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] mom: blockquotes lose indent across page breaks
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 20:55:04 -0500

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018, John Ankarström wrote:
> However, now I'm faced with another problem: the .BIBLIOGRAPHY
> macro doesn't seem to work.  This code used to create a nice,
> capitalized heading right in the center, followed by my
> accumulated bibliography:
>
> .HEADER_CENTER "Bibliografi"
> .BIBLIOGRAPHY_STRING "Bibliografi"
> .BIBLIOGRAPHY_STRING_UNDERLINE OFF
> .BIBLIOGRAPHY
> .QUAD L
> .[
> $LIST$
> .]
> .BIBLIOGRAPHY END
>
> Now, all I get is a smaller, left-aligned uncapitalized heading with no
> bibliography following.

An overzealous cleanup of the LIST macro, which used in the
generation of bibliographies, is the culprit, plus a hard-to-spot
typo in the title-quad section of bibliography setup.

The title is no longer in caps by default, nor is it underlined.  If
you want caps and/or underlining, you have to enable it.  Also, the
addition of a HEADER_CENTER to bibliographies requires explicitly
enabling it.  Here's what you want:

  .HEADER_CENTER "Bibliografi"
  .BIBLIOGRAPHY_HEADER_CENTER
  .BIBLIOGRAPHY_STRING "Bibliografi"
  .BIBLIOGRAPHY_STRING_CAPS
  .BIBLIOGRAPHY
  .[
  $LIST$
  .]
  .BIBLIOGRAPHY END

I've updated mom-2.4.tar.gz on mom's website, so you can grab the
fixed om.tmac from there.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca