Re: [groff] Regularize (sub)section cross references.

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] Regularize (sub)section cross references.
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 19:22:31 +1100

> The problem with this, is that it ignores all but english languages.

Shouldn't Groff have a more ergonomic alternative to `.tr` which is closer
to the POSIX utility of the same name?

.translate [A-Z] [a-z]

Being a Perl lover, I'd love nothing better than to have full-blown regex
support within Roff, but honestly, I think we could all agree
character-range support would be a welcome addition...

I'd actually assumed .tr had character range support all along... :-(