Re: [groff] Regularize (sub)section cross references.

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] Regularize (sub)section cross references.
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 07:25:00 +1100

> or perhaps it was considered but consciously rejected because
> situations existed where it would be detrimental?

It could have been to make sections more conspicuous in text editors,
making it easier for the author to spot sections when skimming a file.
Doubt there was any syntax highlighting back then... =)

Plus it's easier to search for a section name if you know in advance it'll
always be in uppercase, which I guess spares you the effort of remembering
to do a case-sensitive search in vi or whatever...