[groff] formatting title numbering in ms

From: E. Hoffmann
Subject: [groff] formatting title numbering in ms
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 08:26:34 +0100

Hello group.

Excuse me I really tried to solve this on my own!

I am writing a text using the ms macros with the CB font.
Set it at .fp 1 CB and for the text itself and the TOC it works,
*but* for the chapter numbering.

Thus, this code:

.NH
title...
.XS
toc-title
.XE

produces everything in CB font, except the title numbering
in the text itself. The numbering in the TOC is CB!
I tried several things...

How do I set  the title numbering to another font?

TIA,

Erich

 From the manpage:

    By default, the ms macros print headings in bold using the
    same font family and point size as the body text.

This seems not to work for the title numbering.  I must be doing
something wrong.

--

Stult's Report:
        Our problems are mostly behind us.