Re: [groff] mom manpage

From: Ulrich Lauther
Subject: Re: [groff] mom manpage
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2018 12:35:12 +0100

Peter, I couldn't agree more to what you are saying.

In my opinion, a man page should contain (at most) NAME, SYNOPSIS, COPYRIGHT,
DESCRIPTION,
OPTIONS, ARGUMENTS, INVOCATION, but not LANGUAGE.

A bad example is bash: NAME to INVOCATION take 210 lines, o.k..
The whole man-page is 5869 lines.  A horror to search for some feature you need,
even if you vaguely remember to have it seen before.

And on the other hand, how happily I browse through the html mom
documentation! (38472 lines, more than 6.5 times the bash lines)

Cheers and thanks to Peter,

       ulrich