Re: [groff] Release Candidate 1.22.4.rc3

From: Ingo Schwarze
Subject: Re: [groff] Release Candidate 1.22.4.rc3
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 06:03:19 +0100

Hi Larry,

Larry Kollar wrote on Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 11:09:20PM -0500:
> Ingo Schwarze <address@hidden> wrote:

>> While i'm well aware that what i'm saying here is a commitment to
>> a huge project, i'm willing to translate the whole groff texinfo
>> documentation into groff_mdoc(7).

> That's going to be an impressive undertaking.  I'm trying to visualize
> the results -- would you make each topic its own manpage?

The result will certainly be more than one page, but i did not make
a draft of the list of pages needed yet.  Most pages would probably
be large, about the size of shell manuals, to keep the number of
pages down and leave information in context.  But there is no doubt
that some reasonable structure can easily be designed, ideally while
doing the actual translation rather than up front.

Yours,
  Ingo