Re: [groff] man-page fixes

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] man-page fixes
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 12:52:07 +1100

> *The most needless words of all are promotional. No man page should utter
> words like "powerful", "extraordinarily versatile", "user-friendly", or
> "has a wide range of options".*

I couldn't agree more, Doug. *curl(1)* reminds me of this every time I run
`man curl` for a reminder on what switch is used to retrieve HTTP headers,
and the first search result for "head" is

curl offers a busload of useful tricks like proxy support [....] as you

will see below, the number of features will make your *head* spin!

Granted, *curl(1)* is pretty much doomed to having monolithic options-list,
given the program's "kitchen-sink" design. But the least they could do is
cull out the fluff...