Re: [groff] Maintainer out of bounds

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [groff] Maintainer out of bounds
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2018 22:11:22 -0400

At 2018-10-10T01:19:23+0000, Bjarni Ingi Gislason wrote:
>   My bug reports to the "bug-groff" list are still marked as a spam.
> The message after submitting a post is:
>
> Some Errors: [...] Spam score of your post is set to 1
>
>   So fix this!

It didn't seem to affect the actual bug submission:

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54812

So this may be a spurious message.  It should still be fixed, but I
can't find a way to do it as a "technician" or "manager" for "this
tracker".

Maybe we need to kick the problem upstairs to the Savannah admins?

In the meantime, Bjarni, it appears that you are not barred from
reporting issues.  Please continue to do so as you find them.

I didn't respond earlier to the thread, but I join Werner and Ralph's
views on your reports.  I think you do generally report legitimate
issues, and the fact that they are often at the level of code review is
no defect (no pun intended).  Code review is good, and there's all too
little of it in the world.

Ingo has a valid point about keeping a bug list (what Agile aficionados
call the "backlog" at a manageable length), but in our case I think the
correct remedy is more attention from the development team.  I had a
burst of activity a while back which closed out many bugs and hope to
have another one again, just as soon as I sort out an international
relocation...

Branden