Re: [groff] Clickable links in PDF.

From: mikkel meinike
Subject: Re: [groff] Clickable links in PDF.
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2018 14:27:38 +0200

snxThanks, I'll check them out. :-). My source code is right now set up
with ms macro in a way that comes out great as pdf but also great as HTML
with -Thtml that's why I do not want to change to much in the source but
I'll look in to your

28. sep. 2018 13.47 skrev "Deri" <address@hidden>:

On Friday, 28 September 2018 05:07:59 BST mikkel meinike wrote:
> Dear groff list
>
> I need to put clickable links in a PDF. I know that Peter and the whole
mom
> solution have a way to do this, but I've gone away from using mom and now
> use the good old ms package and pure groff. Are there any ways to add
> clickable links without using the mom-pdf solution?
>
> Sincerely, Mikkel

Mikkel,

You should look at pdfmark.pdf, which you should find in somewhere like:-

/usr/share/doc/groff-1.22.3/pdf/pdfmark.pdf

This describes how to embed pdf links. It also documents using the macro -
mspdf which combines -ms and -mpdfmark, which is probably what you want.
The
macros and documentation are by Keith Marshall. Also, have a look at the
program pdfroff, which can be used for producing the final pdf file using
groff postscript and ghostscript.  You can also use these macros with the
-T
pdf device, but if have forward references you need to run it twice in a
pipeline such as:-

groff -Tpdf -dPDF.EXPORT=1 -dLABEL.REFS=1 -ms -z  file.trf 2>&1 | LC_ALL=C
grep '^\\. *ds' | groff -Tpdf -ms - file.trf

Cheers

Deri