Re: [groff] Creating a numbered list without macros

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] Creating a numbered list without macros
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2018 10:26:56 +0100

Hi Yves,

> The other part to this answer is that I like to know how things work.

Yes, me too.

> So lthis is partially me learning how to typeset with groff, without
> relying on macros.

That's good, but I understand there's a lot of subtleties involved in
getting good typography and you might want to target -mom once you've
got a feel for how groff.  That way you're not re-implementing it one
revelation after another.  And that's assuming you or your users will
spot and request the improvement.

> My target audience is not the seasoned groffer. It's the writer who's
> looking for high quality typesetting, who doesn't want to go the latex
> route. For those people, the generated PDF is the result.

Yes, and they might like some of the options -mom provides;  see
http://www.schaffter.ca/mom/mom-04.html

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy