Re: [groff] Creating a numbered list without macros

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [groff] Creating a numbered list without macros
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2018 22:54:06 -0400

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, Yves Cloutier wrote:
> For example what would I need to do, using vanilla groff to output a number
> followed by suffix, a space, followed by text, and make it so that text
> which overflows to the next line gets aligned with the first character of
> the text of the lis item.

Indent (.in) the width of the digit, suffix, and space, then
temporary indent (.ti) by the additive inverse of the indent.

.ti indents only the line immediately after it, so because of the
negative indent, the first line (with the list enumerator) gets set
to full measure and all subsequent lines align with the text.

--
Peter Schaffter
http://www.schaffter.ca