Re: [groff] vertical resolution

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: [groff] vertical resolution
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 00:17:30 -0500

On 6/15/18, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:
> I agree that the explanation of \n[.H] and \n[.V] is a bit sparse.

Based on your and Tadziu's explanations, I wrote this possible
addition to the info file to explain these registers more thoroughly.
Suggestions for improvements are welcome.

"Although groff's basic unit is device dependent, it may still be
smaller than the smallest unit the device is capable of producing.
The register .H specifies how many groff basic units constitute the
current device's basic unit horizontally, and the register .V
specifies this value vertically."